Towing a Motorcycle with an Elantra

I've got a 2000 Elantra. Looks like it just has a little hook under the bumper. Has anybody ever towed something like a motorcycle with it?

I've been looking at trailer-like things... some are remarkably small and light - some are essentially things that hold the front wheel up - which means you'd just be towing the weight of the bike.

So, if anybody has any experience, or insight... please share.

Thanks.

Reply to
The Chris

Sorry, no. How about the reverse? Can you tow an Elantra with a motorcycle? I'd like to see that attempt on YouTube.

Reply to
James

Did you check for a trailer hitch for it? You really need the ball hitch as it limits the free movement of the trailer relative to the vehicle. thik about it - every time you accelerate the pin move back in the hitch point. Stop and it slams forward. Get the picture?

Reply to
nothermark

Draw Tite makes a Sportframe hitch for the Elantra.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

Brian Nystrom wrote in news:uSxNg.319$XR3.152@trndny02:

Thanks - that looks great!! Any preferences for actual trailers for a bike??? I saw a great one that was tiny and light, but, it went for over $1,200...

Reply to
The Chris

For those of you alt.autos.hyundai readers who actually smiled or even laughed at my humorous reply to The Chris, this answers my own question:

James

Harbor Freight has some small trailers that can very easily be modified for a motorcycle

Reply to
sqdancerLynn