tpms light

I just bought a new 2007 hyundai sonata and the tire pressure light has come on twice..I took it back to dealer and they adjusted tire pressure and light went out...it happened again today and when i checked the tire pressure it seemed about the same in each tire 33 lbs...I am going to have to return to dealer again ...does anyone have any thoughts on this topic...the only thing i noticed in both occurances was the outside temp had dropped about 10 degrees from the day before...

Reply to
gymmy2

Was that an option? Mine does not have it, nor was it listed as an option at the time.

The temperature drop will cause a pressure drop. If it is monitoring actual pressure rather than the old GM type that counted wheel rotation, that could set it off.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Exactly correct, Edwin. If the temperature is cold enough, the pressures can be low enough to turn on the lamp. If that's the case, the lamp should go back out as the tires warm to operating temperature while driving.

Reply to
hyundaitech

We had similar headaches with our Entourage with the TPMS system last fall when the temp was warm in the day and really cool the next morning. For us it was temp related. On the Entourage if the psi falls below 30 it sets off the light (35 is the recomended pressure) After banging our head against the wall and a trip to the dealer the best fix was to inflate the tires right up to the 35 mark (or whatever the recomended pressure is for the sonata) during the coldest morning of the week before driving anywhere. Since then we have been OK all winter -knock wood-. The dealer suggested filing with nitrogen instead of air because it doesn't fluctuate as much with temperature. We never did that now that we know how the sytem works.

If you are still having problems, expecially with a larger loss of pressure a dealer visit is definately in order.

Reply to
art.obrien

This is exactly to my coworkers POS BMW 750LI works. The temperature takes a major drop and the light comes on. The system sucks just like the rest of the electronics in the car. I can just imagine how he feels about having a $90,000 car that sees the dealer more than the highway. Next car for him is the LS460L. IMHO the best car being made today.

Double Tap

Reply to
Double Tap