TPMS light

I have a 2008 Hyundai Elantra. One cold morning last week the low tire telltale light was on. I thought it was because of the cold. Today it was 46 degrees but the light is still on. My mechanic checked the tires and they were all 35 pounds. I drove about 50 miles today but the light won't go off. My mechanic thinks it's a defective sensor and not to worry about it. The nearest Hyundai dealer is about 60 miles away. Should I just ignore it?

---MIKE---

>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire >> (44=B0 15' N - Elevation 1580')
Reply to
---MIKE---

If it is defective, how will you know if your tire is low or flat? Better go to the dealer and get it fixed.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

Just do a visual check with a tire pressure gage, better than any electronic gizmos./

Reply to
Irwell

While tire pressure monitoring is helpful, it's not really difficult to maintain correct tire pressure without it.

Reply to
Don

Hear hear. If its low you,ll have to use the pump at the petrol station anyway.

Reply to
John

Try letting a little air out of each tire and then refilling to correct level. Happened with my son's Azera and seemed to do the trick

Reply to
jp103

I have one of those $10 electric compressor things. Plug into the car's lighter socket, more convenient than using the gas station's.

Reply to
Irwell

Low by a tire pressure gauge. Flat by looking at it.

Yes, if you can't tell a tire is flat by looking at it, then you better get the TPMS fixed pronto! :-)

Reply to
Voyager

New Hampshire

If the warning lamp shows "TPMS," then you have a problem with the system. If the (!) is showing, one or more sensors is reporting low pressure.

Reply to
hyundaitech