TPMS light

I have a 2008 Hyundai Elantra. One cold morning last week the low tire telltale light was on. I thought it was because of the cold. Today it was 46 degrees but the light is still on. My mechanic checked the tires
and they were all 35 pounds. I drove about 50 miles today but the light won't go off. My mechanic thinks it's a defective sensor and not to worry about it. The nearest Hyundai dealer is about 60 miles away. Should I just ignore it?
---MIKE---

---MIKE--- wrote:

If it is defective, how will you know if your tire is low or flat? Better go to the dealer and get it fixed.
On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 17:39:55 -0600, Paul in Houston TX wrote:

Just do a visual check with a tire pressure gage, better than any electronic gizmos./

While tire pressure monitoring is helpful, it's not really difficult to maintain correct tire pressure without it.
Hear hear. If its low you,ll have to use the pump at the petrol station anyway.
On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 18:27:07 +1100, John wrote:

I have one of those $10 electric compressor things. Plug into the car's lighter socket, more convenient than using the gas station's.
Paul in Houston TX wrote:

Low by a tire pressure gauge. Flat by looking at it.

Yes, if you can't tell a tire is flat by looking at it, then you better get the TPMS fixed pronto! :-)
Try letting a little air out of each tire and then refilling to correct level. Happened with my son's Azera and seemed to do the trick
On 12/13/2010 5:44 PM, ---MIKE--- wrote:

On Dec 13 2010, 5:44pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (---MIKE---) wrote:

If the warning lamp shows "TPMS," then you have a problem with the system. If the (!) is showing, one or more sensors is reporting low pressure.