Transmission Filter

Purchased a transmission filter kit for my '96 Elantra with an automatic transmission and 13 bolt pan. The cork gasket in the kit lined up with all the bolts on the pan except for 2. Took it back to the store to trade it in for the filter that fit the 12 and 13 bolt pans. That kit had the wrong filter, (sort of triangular shaped). Finally bought a kit for a '97 Accent which came with 2 gaskets. The cork one didn't fit but the black rubber one did. The filter was approximately 7 inches square and looked exactly like the one I removed (exact same letters and numbers on filter). The only difference was the oval shaped hole, (that you can see the filter material through) was on the end of the old filter but was roughly in the middle of the new filter. Is this going to cause any problems picking up fluid from the pan?

Thanks, Craig

Reply to
Craig

Hyundai made a similar change to the factory filters if I recall correctly. I believe the issue was that the hole on one end could suck air on hard decel or cornering.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Thanks for the help. You've eased our concerns about the filter.

Reply to
Craig