Transmission gearing when clilmbing hills

My 07 Sanfe Fee with the 3.2 engine and 5 speed auto seems to be lugging when climbing hills at 60 km in town. Is this normal? Is this a means to increase mileage or can damage occur from this setup.

All the Hyundais I have owned have had quite tall gearing that allows very relaxed ( ie low rpm) touring with great fuel economy. (my 2003 V6 Sonata - 7.8 l/100km) . Trade off I suppose is less acceleration but with 5 gears I thought that would be minimal. Gear change points ok?. John