transmisson oil leaking under radiator 2003 XG350

I have a 2003 XG350 thats leaking transmission oil under the radiator. car runs fine back and forth to work about 60 miles with no problems,is this something I can maybe fix cheap?

--
Posted at author's request, using http://www.AutoBoardz.com interface. Articles
individually verified to usenet standards.
trab wrote:

Does the car have a separate trans cooler? There is no way to a radiator or cooler leak that is effective. Check all your hoses because it could be running along them to the radiator.
Clay
--
Warning: keyboard may cause involuntary vowel movement - Clay Ferriola

Nothing is cheap.
Leak can be transmission cooling lines, radiator cooling reservoir, or connections between the radiator and cooling lines. Wipe it down and check to see exactly where the leak is. Radiators may or may not be fixable with soldering but a good radiator shop can tell you that.

I had a 2001 Elantra, the connectors to the trans cooler in the radiator cracked, mechanic said it was a common problem, don't know if the XG350 has the same deal. Easy to check.
Thanks you all I will check for cracks and trans fluid lines to the radiator and Mike its ...could be, maybe not, but then again!....trab
"Steve and Janet" wrote:
> > I have a 2003 XG350 thats leaking transmission oil under the > radiator. > > car runs fine back and forth to work about 60 miles with no > > problems,is this something I can maybe fix cheap? > > > > -- > > Posted at author's request, usinghttp://www.AutoBoardz.cominterface . Articles individually verified to usenet standards. > > Abuse or Problem, report athttp://www.AutoBoardz.com/contact.html > > Thread archive:http://www.AutoBoardz.com/transmisson-oil-leaking-radiator-2003-XG350 ... > > I had a 2001 Elantra, the connectors to the trans cooler in > the > radiator cracked, mechanic said it was a common problem, don't > know if > the XG350 has the same deal. Easy to check.

Excellent!
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net