Trip Computer accuracy

I'm curious is anyone has check the computer against actual numbers for fuel mileage.
Tonight I filled the tank for the second time on my Sonata with the 3.3 L
According to the trip computer, I was getting 22.1 mpg. According to actual calculations, I was getting 21.57. IMO, that is accurate enough considering the variables in topping off and the methods the calculator would use. . This is a combination of light city and highway.
My LeSabre would normally get 22 to 23 under the same conditions. With only 600 miles, I think it should get better once broken in a bit more.
OK, if you want to get technical, it was 21,56739811922257053291536050157 but for practical purposes, rounding it up to 21,567398119222570533 is close enough.
I have checked mine as well and I am within 0.5 miles per gallon, as are you, which is pretty darm close so I'm impressed. I am averaging around 25 mpg combined and can see 29 - 30 driving highway if I stay within 65 mph...my problem is that I have a lead foot:)
Going 80 I am seeing around 25 mpg which isn't bad. I have had my car for 5 weeks and will turn 4,000 miles tomorrow.

That's encouraging. I'll put about 22k on this year on this car. I'll be taking the first long tip this weekend where I'll put a little over 600 miles, much highway. Well, I'm not sure that the Garden State Parkway will qualify as highway driving.
I am in eastern PA and have had my share of driving on the Garden State Parkway. I guess it will depend on how much traffic you hit:)
Enjoy your weekend!

What town are you from Cableguy? I live in Hamilton, NJ, near Trenton. I am about 5-10 minutes from Morrisville, PA.
Eric
I am in Doylestown in Central Bucks County.

Depends on what part of it you are on, but most of it can easily allow for high speeds. When you get about 25 miles from the NYS border, things usually slow down a bit, and again on the southern end, near Cape May. I have noticed that traffic can get particularly bad on weekend afternoons.
Eric