Trunk leaking 2003 Elantra

Hi everyone,
I just got a 2003 Elantra GLS. After a recent heavy rain, I discovered that the trunk was soaking wet. Everything looks ok as far as the stripping goes, but I wouldn't really know what to look for
anyway. It only has 30,000 miles on it, one owner before me. Can anyone guess at the possible causes for such significant water in the trunk?
Thanks
Thanks. If that is the case, is it fixable? I think the car might have been hit in the back, not severely though. My friend told me it looked as though the bumper had been replaced. The carfax report was clean. I love the car but a leaking trunk is a bad thing.

Sure, it can be fixed. It's simply a matter of locating the source (which can require some disassembly) and taking the appropriate action to seal. Of course, in severe cases such as the trunk lid not aligning to the weatherstrip due to excessive bending, body work may be necessary. Typically, however, it's just a matter of sealing the leak source.
Water Doctors and Auto Seal Tech are two companies that specialize in automotive water leak repair.
Well, turns out it is the seal around the tail lights. I'm relieved. Thanks for your help!