Trunk leaking 2003 Elantra

Hi everyone,

I just got a 2003 Elantra GLS. After a recent heavy rain, I discovered that the trunk was soaking wet. Everything looks ok as far as the stripping goes, but I wouldn't really know what to look for anyway. It only has 30,000 miles on it, one owner before me. Can anyone guess at the possible causes for such significant water in the trunk?

Thanks

Reply to
tonita

tonita

Sure, it can be fixed. It's simply a matter of locating the source (which can require some disassembly) and taking the appropriate action to seal. Of course, in severe cases such as the trunk lid not aligning to the weatherstrip due to excessive bending, body work may be necessary. Typically, however, it's just a matter of sealing the leak source.

Water Doctors and Auto Seal Tech are two companies that specialize in automotive water leak repair.

-- Message posted using

information at

hyundaitech

Reply to