Tucson roof rail accessories

Hi smart folks!
I've got a 2009 Tucson. It comes with the side rails, but I'd like to know what I can put on the roof without buying the Hyundai cross rails
and other accessories, which seem far too expensive. Are there any aftermarket things that work?
If this is a stupid question, sorry. I know nothing about roof rails, having always owned a sports car in the past.
-- Steve
SF> Hi smart folks!
SF> I've got a 2009 Tucson. It comes with the side rails, but I'd like SF> to SF> know what I can put on the roof without buying the Hyundai cross SF> rails SF> and other accessories, which seem far too expensive. Are there any SF> aftermarket things that work? SF> If this is a stupid question, sorry. I know nothing about roof SF> rails, SF> having always owned a sports car in the past. SF> -- SteveSF> I have an Entourage, and I simply used square lashings to tie on a couple of lengths of 2x4 wooden cross bars. I carried a small boat on the roof for six months, and the lashings are still tight.
Cheers,
Indrek Aavisto
--
Criticism is easy; achievement is difficult. W.S. Churchill