Tucson roomier than Santa Fe?

Looking at the specs on Hyundai's web site, it looks like the Tucson is roomier in the front seat (where it really matters to me) than the Santa Fe, even though Tucson is a slightly smaller vehicle.
Has anyone here tried on the Tucson yet? Does it feel bigger inside?
The Santa Fe's B pillar was obnoxiously located for me, ruling it out immediately. Maybe there's hope for the Tucson...
My 6' husband is quite comfy in the front seat as a pasenger since I drive usally. He was quoted as stating how roomy our 2002 Santa Fe is.
Tom Betz wrote:

According to my service manager the Tucson's passenger space is larger than the Santa Fe. On the flip side the Santa Fe has a larger cargo area.
I am 6 foot and wish my 2004 Santa Fe LX AWD had about 3 inches more leg room.

Me too. More head room would be nice also, my hair keeps getting messed up as it rubs against the top.
Don

Yes, more leg room. That sold my wife on the Tucson over the Sante Fe. ED

I understood the Tuscon had more width for the driver/passenger too....Good for you fat folks<G> I'm also glad I'm only 5'8"....my Santa Fe fits me well but I can see how it might be a bit cramped for over 6'....
--
< snipped-for-privacy@suscom.net> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...
were big guys 6 ft + and at the time santa fe came out it seemed to be the roomiest smaller suv out there. not narrow inside, plenty of head and leg room..

I'm a 5'8" fat folk and its plenty roomy for me.
Jon

Following up myself, I went and tried a couple of Tucsons on today, and with the seat adjusted correctly, I fit into it quite comfortably. There was even enough headroom in the LX with the sun roof!
I now have two vehicles of this type on my list of eligible machines: the Tucson and the Honda Element. Because its drivers' seat is more adjustable, the Tucson has a scoche more legroom than the Element, so it's in the lead as of now.
--
George Bush's War of Choice on Iraq is a totally unnecessary war.
Every life lost, every limb lost, every disfigurement, every

Over the weekend I tried on a Kia Sportage, and with its lower center console and better shifter placement, it's even more comfortable... with the same warranty as the Tucson.
Same adjustable driver's seat, too.
--
"I am afeard there are few die well that die in a battle; for how can they
charitably dispose of anything when blood is their argument? Now, if these

I can't argue with that.