Two Question - Fog Lamp and Web Site

Hey Guys:

Anyone know how to change out the fog lamps on a 2004 Sonata? It looks like I have to take the entire lamp assemby out of the bumper and that does not look like fun.

As well - does anyone know what I have to download for IE to be able to display the drawings on hmaservice.com? I had this working at one point but had to re-build my computer and can't remember what the plug in is that is required for the site to work.

Thx,

Reply to
Mike Marlow

You should be able to access the fog lamp bulb from underneath. There may be a cover on the back of the lamp that you need to twist and pull off. If I recall correctly, you can twist and pull the bulb out and unplug it from the harness. If you're having difficulty getting behind the bumper cover, you may need to take the front two retainers loose and pull down the front portion of the fender liner.

For schematics, you'll probably need Adobe SVG Viewer. For other illustrations, you'll probably need Macromedia Flash Player. All the requirements are listed on the site requirements page.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Since I didn't recall needing to unscrew anything and I also didn't recall exactly what the back of this lamp looked like, I trekked out onto the used car lot and stuffed my head under an '05.

Definitely don't remove the three screws. You should be able to just twist the bulb counterclockwise and pull out of the lamp assembly. If you remove the three screws, methinks you'll have the lamp in many more pieces than you want.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Thanks again, HT. I appreciate you going to that effort. I did try to twist the socket, but I didn't put everything I have into it. Didn't feel like it wanted to move, but I'll give it more effort next week when I work on it.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

I'm sorry, I must not have been clear. Don't twist the socket. Grab the electrical connector and the bulb together and twist the bulb.

Reply to
hyundaitech