Unable to Clean Cassette Player

The cassette player in my 2004 Santa Fe keeps telling me to
CLEAN PLAYR
... but I've tried two different cassette cleaners so several times so far
and I still get the same message. It keeps spitting out my MP3 cassette adapter (which has worked fine for a year).
All advice appreciated.
Kyle
Press and Hold the "EJECT" button for 5 seconds to reset the message. The display should flash "CLEANED"
--

"Aphelion" < snipped-for-privacy@twcny.rr.com> wrote in message
news:AUoDg.21370$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.nyroc.rr.com...