Update on my repairs!

Brought my car (03 sonata GL V6) to the dealer today to take a look at the starting problem. Just got a phone call from them telling me Exactly what
Hyundaitech said it was; the fuel pressure regulator. (thanks Hyundaitech!!) They said it was leaking. Does that contribute to the terrible MPG I been getting? They suggested to replace the timing belt which I was going to have them do anyways. I was quoted a month ago that it would cost me 500.00 but now (same place) said it is 600.00! I was told that I was giving a wrong price. (that sucks) Also, I was told that I NEED the 60K maintenance package. Price Quote 875.00!! I simply can't afford that. I told them that and the service man stated if I don't get it before the 60k (my car is at 59200) that my 100k warranty is completely voided. Therefore, when Hyundaitech told me not to replace the water pump because its warranted till 100k I will not be covered. What option do I have hear. Again I am in a financial crisis. I am afraid to let them fix the driver's side fog light (been out 6 months after I bought the car new) because I was told it is not covered and they told me that the price is uncertain due to the fact they don't know if it's just a bulb replacement or a complete wiring problem. Never mentioned the peeling chrome on the passenger door handle because when I called about that last year, they told me that the whole door handle would have to be broken in order for it to be covered. AHHH! the Joy of maintaining a car. Could not happen at a better time in my life. Happy Holidays Group!!! Jeff
Get out your owner's manual and make a list of the items needed at 60k. If there's anything you can do yourself, do it. Anything you could not (or did not) do, have the dealer or other shop do. If you have another shop do the work, be sure they use the proper fluids. If you have another shop do the timing belt, be sure they use a Hyundai belt.
To say that failure to do the 60k voids your warranty is semantically and legally incorrect. Your warranty covers defects. If a part fails because you didn't do the required maintenance, that's not a defect. That doesn't mean that if you failed to change your spark plugs at the proper interval that the water pump isn't covered. It does mean that if you didn't change your coolant at the proper interval and your water pump fails because of that, Hyundai can legitimately not pay for those repairs. In most cases, even if you didn't change the coolant, they'd cover it anyway. They'd be most likely to not cover if the dealer found something actually wrong with the coolant. But even then, it's usually a hard to make case, so Hyundai often winds up making the repairs anyway. I recently replaced a transmission under warranty which I believed had the incorrect fluid in it. The position of the rep was that it wasn't worth the effort of trying to make a case that he wasn't sure he would win.
The most likely problem with the fog lamp is the bulb, but that's no longer covered by your warranty.
The paint warranty is for 3 years/36k miles, so that may be why the door handle isn't covered.
I just got the 60k done at a hyundai dealership AND front break pads AND a timming belt and paid just under $600. shop around at different dealers, one wanted to charge me 875 for just the 60, but they did all this extra stuff that was not needed.
Labor hours are not based on actual time. Each job has a labor time associated with it. This prevents you from paying more for a repair by a slow technician and less for a repair by a faster (and presumably more experienced) technician. From the business perspective, the technicians usually are paid based on the billed hours, thus giving them an incentive to work quickly and get more work done, increasing profits. If the technicians were paid hourly, they'd get the same amount of money for a work day no matter how much actual work they did.
If you look at your invoice, it will probably state the number of hours or the specific labor charge for the timing belt. If you just have the labor charge, you can probably figure out the labor hours charged by dividing by the $85.
Also, I'm confused about why you were quoted $600 and the bill is $730. You should probably examine your invoice carefully and pick out exactly which charges are for which items.
It sounds like your dealer is using the standard FUD sales technique on you. FUD = Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt.
Find a good independent who specializes in asian cars and get only those things done which the manual requires. Almost ever car dealer inflates the to-do list for routine service intervals in order to put more money in their pockets and take it from yours.
Few people realize that new car sales is no where most car dealers make their profits. The profit is all made in the service and used car departments. New car sales only real role is to prime the pump for the other activities.
Know this and protect yourself, and never trust the b*******. Sad, but good advice!
John