Used Santa Fe's

A co-worker is looking to buy a used Santa Fe. From reading online he feels that the '03 and newer ones are of good quality. The '02 and earlier ones, not so much. Any opinions on this?
I have an '03 Accent that is about to hit 100K miles and I'm quite happy with Hyundai quality.
I had an 02.5 until I traded it in July 06 for an 07 Santa Fe. Never had any problems at all.
Got another 07 yesterday. We are a 2 santa fe family now.
Jim