Using ECO Mode Consistently

Now that Egypt is in a mess, no doubt fuel prices are going to rocket, at least for a while. I'm thinking of using the ECO mode in my 2013 Elantra.
Is there any detrimental reasons why this might not be a good idea? Will it harm the car if I use it consistently?
Arthur

It is designed to be used consistently. It changes some performance aspects such as shift points, limits hard acceleration.
On 7/3/2013 9:56 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On the other hand, with my 2013 Accent that has the same drive train, when I drive economically (slower acceleration, gradually slow down up hill and slowly accelerate going down hill) the Accent gets better mileage when I do NOT have ECO mode ON. On trips I get between 39 and 41 depending on the terrain and the weather. In town it tends to be between 32 and 35 depending on how much traffic I encounter and whether I have a lot of deadlines that week so that I drive harder.
--- ---