vehicle speed sensor/ oygen sensor

Help! My 99 Elantra will not pass inpsection because: O2 sensor heater circuit bank 1 Sensor 2 O2 sensor circuit low Voltage bank 1 sensor 2 Vehicle speed sensor "a" range/performance.
What does this mean? My mechanic replaced the O2 sensor 2 and repaired an exhaust leak that I had, but the same codes are coming up and now he says I have to take it to a dealer. I do not trust the dealer and have been trying to find the possible cost of the speed sensor, but it seems no one sells them.
Can anyone help?
The wiring for the rear O2 sensor often rubs the axle on these cars. You should check to be sure the sensor is properly installed and that the wiring is not rubbing anything.
Speed Sensor A is the input speed sensor in the transmission. It is sold together with the output speed sensor. The pair has the name "pulse generators." That should help you get a price.
HyundaTech is it me or does Hyundai have a problem with speed sensors, both my 02 Santa Fe V6 (at 41k miles had it replaced) and 04 Accent (replaced at 31k). Both times I was not charged, but it was still odd nonetheless. It makes me wonder how well the replacements will last. Has Hyundai looked to address this problem?

The sensors in your Accent and Santa Fe are different types. My personal opinion is that I replace more than I should, especially of the type in your Santa Fe. Hyundai had a large problem with the AC voltage generating sensors like in your accent, but had that largely fixed by 2000 and even better by about 2002.
If fixed out of warranty about how much is the part and how many hours is needed for install by the books. I think my shop charges like 90 an hour (Thompson Hyundai). I could be off in left field though, I just know whenever I take my car in they warn me its 90 to look at it if it is not warranty work. My 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe is in the process of being sold (I need a minivan for seating reasons) so I don't care so much for it, but I plan to keep my Accent until it is no longer economically fixable (IE more than the cars worth to fix). Hoping this is around the 150 to 200k mile area.

I'd expect around 1.0 to 1.5 hours and $75 in parts.