Vera Cruz Squeaks & Rattles

I'm having a terrible time with squeaks and rattles in my 08 Vera Cruz. (Headliner and overhead vents, door pillars, doors, etc) The dealer told me that the noises are normal because of all the plastic
parts. Has anybody else had this problem? Is it just poor engineering or poor quality?
RayB wrote:

Ask the dealer if you can test drive another Vera Cruz and see if it squeaks and rattles the same. If it doesn't the dealer will have no excuse to not fix it. If it does, they're probably all like that. You can use silicone spray on the noisy areas, it will stop squeaking.
about "Re: Vera Cruz Squeaks & Rattles":
B> Ask the dealer if you can test drive another Vera Cruz and see if it B> squeaks and rattles the same. If it doesn't the dealer will have no B> excuse to not fix it. If it does, they're probably all like that.
That is excellent advice although I must say, I have a hard time believing that his Vera Cruz is so rattly, based on 2 test drives I had. Solid and quiet.
Best Regards

I'm hearing the Veracruz is a very quiet ride.
It's unbelievable how differently people's "noise-O-meter's" are calibrated. I've heard people complain about wind noise or squeaks I couldn't hear at all. I've had people remark how quiet my Toyota truck runs, and I think it sounds like a bucket of bolts. Hearing acuity isn't the complete answer. Some people hear certain sound patterns and frequencies much softer or louder than others.
I guess that can just about drive service technicians and SM's nuts. -
Bob
It only happened once, but a customer wanted me to repair a noise I couldn't hear. Eventually I went on a road test with the customer, she kept indicating the noise was present, and I had no idea what she was talking about. Had to return to fetch another technician.
I haven't experienced anything significant in the way of squeaks and rattles on the Veracruz. Without hearing the noises, it's difficult for me to make a judgment as to normality, but it's pretty safe to say that if you don't hit anything that significantly jars the vehicle, it shouldn't rattle.
My guess is tha the dealer doesn't want to spend the time to fix your problem (due to a number of industry-wide issues with getting paid for this type repair). If you'd like to give this dealer the ability to earn your continued business, call and speak to the service manager or director. If he holds the line on "normal" when that's obviously not the case, take the vehicle to another dealer that will appreciate your business or call Hyundai customer assistance.
Forgot to mention in my previous post:
Hyundai shipped every dealer a noise repair kit which includes stick on felt strips, rubber pads, and foam insulation, among other items. Oddly enough, this would be just the thing to repair plastic panel rattles.