Veracruz oil and filter change

Hello group! Question about the Veracruz oil filter. I picked up some oil filters the other day and I see they are a cartridge type. This is my first vehicle
with a non spin-on oil filter. I plan on pulling the plastic shield down and seeing where it lives. Can anyone give me some points on how tight the cannister cover should be? Thanks for any tips on changing the filter. I will eventually get some manuals for it. Jon Flynn

It's probably more like "pulling the plastic shield UP", as I believe that filter is on TOP of the engine. As far as how tight..... turn it til it stops, and put just a little muscle into it. You'll find that when the O-ring first makes contact, it gets hard to turn. After the O-ring makes it past the lip, it's not as hard to turn, and you'll know when it's as far as it's gonna go.
Thanks Bob!

Just be sure to loosen the old filter and let it drain for a couple of minutes before you replace the crankcase drain plug.
I always remove the filter before I drain the crankcase
Whoa! Be careful here. I can't speak of what the Hyundai Veracruz is like. But up until recently I owned an Oldsmobile Alero that had the same type of cartridge set-up. It was also in the top of the engine, and very easy to replace.
But even though the owner's manual went out of its way to not give you any information on how to do the oil change (they wanted you to buy the expensive service manual), the only thing the owner's manual did say was that if you are changing your own oil: A) Re-set the oil life meter [and they told you how]; and B) Not to tighten the oil filter cartridge over 15 ft-lb's. That's not very tight.
I think it had to do with the fact that everything about that canister was plastic. If yours is as well, heed that advice.
Better yet, let's get Mr. HyundaiTech to tell you what the Hyundai specs are. He will probably reply to you later today.

Thank you group! FYI. I just picked up an electronic CD service and electrical manual on E-Bay. It was less than $30.00 and it has all the Hyundai's 2007 models. It echos what you all have pointed out about the above engine filter assy. Jon