Warranty manifold replacement

Ok this is related to my previous post about power loss , when I had the work done they also replaced the exhaust manifold for cracks under recall . When looking up prices for the catalytic converter I see that
the convertoer and manifold are sold as one piece , so now I'm wondering if they just reused the old converter and welded to the new manifold ? or is it standard policy to to replace the complete assembly ??

That's probably a better question to ask the dealer who did the work. Have you looked underneath to see if there are any signs of a cut and weld, or if it looks to be completely new?
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net