Warranty Question

Does the PowerTrain warranty cover the water pump???

Great for me if it does.

Old_Timer

Reply to
Old_Timer

I should have given more details. The car is a 2000 Sonata GLS V6 with 62,000 miles. I am the origianl owner. I have had the required coolant changes made on schedule.

The water pump just started leaking today. Leaking a lot of coolant.

From what I understand the water pump is not excluded from the

10year/100000 miles Power Train warranty.

Old_Timer

Reply to
Old_Timer

Not specific on the web page, but I thought it was as the water pump is part of the engine.

Covers repair or replacement of powertrain components (i.e. selected Engine and Transmission/Transaxle components), originally manufactured or installed by Hyundai that are defective in material or factory workmanship, under normal use and maintenance.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Covered. Take to dealer. If you haven't had your timing belt replaced, or if it's nearing 4 years since the last replacement, have the dealer put one on for you. They should be willing to do it at no charge since they'll already have the old one off to replace the water pump.

-- Message posted using

information at

hyundaitech

Thank You very much Hyundaitech. I will be paying a visit to the dealer tomorrow to talk about having it towed in.

In my many years of car owner experience water pump leaks started out as a drip, drip and developed to a major leak very slowly. This one did it in one day. I was 50 miles from home when it started and I put five gallons of water in jugs in the trunk. I then made several stops to refill the radiator to get it home. The check engine light never did come on so I guess I never let it get hot enough to trigger that light.

Old_Timer

Reply to
Old_Timer