Warranty repairs?

Page 2 of 2
By: Brandi - Post Date: Oct-06-2006 When my clutch went out of my 03 Tiburon. I was absolutely prepared to pay for a new clutch..what I had problems with was the fact that they were
telling me I had to pay $936.00 for a new flywheel becasue the original flywheel wouldn't bolt up to the new clutch systems. Reason being... in March of 03 Hyundai redesigned the clutch and flywheel system on the 03 models and they quit making the original replacement parts for the clutch. So the ONLY way I could get a new clutch put in was to replace the flywheel as well...and I don't believe that's fair...THEY are the ones that REDESINED the clutch and flywheel system so THEY should be responsible for replacing the parts that don't fit now because of THEIR redesign!! In my opinion...they wouldn't have spent the time or the money to redesign something that didn't have some type of malfunction to begin with... SO it should on THEIR BIll...and it's rediculous to think they are expecting people to pay almost $2,000.00 to fix THEIR mistake to begin with...
Deck wrote:

I agree that they should have had the parts required for your car or provided the newly designed parts for free.
Matt
Deck wrote:

Did you talk to Hyundai directly or to a dealer? I suspect the latter.
Deck wrote:

Sure, they rebuilt the transmission in my Excel, even though it had 64K miles and only a 60K mile warranty.
Hyundai has been very good about fixing manufacturers defects under warranty. The problem with the clutch disc is that its not covered against wear beyond the 1 year/12,000 mile adjustment period.
Ive repaired a couple of these that I thought would be wear issues, but when I got the transmission and clutch out found that a piece had come off the flywheel or some other defect actually occurred leading to the clutch issue. Customers are definitely happy to hear "found a defect, Hyundai will pay for repairs."
"Deck" wrote: > After reading all the horror stories about the 03 Tiberon > clutch/flywheel > problems, that Hyundai WON"T fix, just wondering af they are > fixing any > other problems with drive trains on their cars under the > 100,000 mile > warranty? Now that I have two Hyundai's, I shudder to think > that they > won't honor warranties!