Warranty repairs?

Neither of this is documentation that a design problem exists or existed. Class action suits get filed all of the time when nothing is wrong. It only takes enough lawyers to smell blood.

What was the essence of the redesign in 2005? I didn't see anything about this at the link above, but I didn't go through all 319 posts either.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

By: Brandi - Post Date: Oct-06-2006 When my clutch went out of my 03 Tiburon. I was absolutely prepared to pay for a new clutch..what I had problems with was the fact that they were telling me I had to pay $936.00 for a new flywheel becasue the original flywheel wouldn't bolt up to the new clutch systems. Reason being... in March of 03 Hyundai redesigned the clutch and flywheel system on the 03 models and they quit making the original replacement parts for the clutch. So the ONLY way I could get a new clutch put in was to replace the flywheel as well...and I don't believe that's fair...THEY are the ones that REDESINED the clutch and flywheel system so THEY should be responsible for replacing the parts that don't fit now because of THEIR redesign!! In my opinion...they wouldn't have spent the time or the money to redesign something that didn't have some type of malfunction to begin with... SO it should on THEIR BIll...and it's rediculous to think they are expecting people to pay almost $2,000.00 to fix THEIR mistake to begin with...

Reply to
Deck

I agree that they should have had the parts required for your car or provided the newly designed parts for free.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Sure, they rebuilt the transmission in my Excel, even though it had 64K miles and only a 60K mile warranty.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

Did you talk to Hyundai directly or to a dealer? I suspect the latter.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom