what battery should i use in my 1998 Elantra 1.6?

need to find out the voltage used for Elantra 1998 model car batteries, and size .

12 volts. Is this really what you are after? 12 volts DC negative ground has been the standard for all autos for at least 50 years.
A quick google "1998 hyundai elantra battery size" returns more info than you'll ever need.

nats wrote:

The biggest one that will fit in the space. I managed to shoehorn in one that was for a Ford truck. 875 amps. Wal-Mart. It cranks really well now. Make sure its not too high though. Don't want the hood contacting the battery. I used foam and putty to figure the available under hood space using the old battery.
On Wed, 24 Oct 2012 16:11:01 +0000, nats

Every car made since the 1960's or so has a 12 volt battery. Look at it and it may have the size right on top, like 24F, etc. Every battery store has a chart to look up what you need, as do many web sites.