what is the best small car todaY?

Size like the Aveo or Accent.

It depends on what you are doing with it. Do you need 2 or 4 doors, hatch back or sedan, awd or front, fuel economy or lowest polution, price? In my opinion the Accent hatch back is the best overall economy car being built today, but it has its limitations. If you need more utility, the 4 door hatch back Rio is pretty good. The Accent and Rio produce the lowest pounds of polution per 15k miles according to Edmonds.com, get good gas milage, and give you the most for your money. Edmonds is a good web site to do side by side comparisons. I have an 05 Accent and an 07 Sonata and I love them. Bill