What problems have you experienced with your keyless entry remote?

It's not innocuous when it's right outside my bedroom, focused by the alley. Cities can be quiet, too. People should not have to put up with abuse because they live in a city. Let's say that your neighbor comes home at 3:00 AM when you're sleeping and lets out a war-whoop locking the car door. People do that. Or, since you posted about motorcycles, how about the guy who blasts past your house at 3:00 AM with their Harley. It's all unwanted noise. In that case, since you are bothered by loud bikes, that one's your problem, too.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Steinfeld

Uh, Brian, please read my material more carefully before you put me down. I posted about the bad human engineering of the confirmation circuitry, which causes people to almost always press the button twice; and whoop it up because they can't see the confirmation from the first silent press.

Read the following paragraphs. Again. You quoted them, you know.

The Hyundai that I rented worked this way.

It is too easy to hit by accident.

It's a thoughtless design that annoys other people. Annoying other people isn't cool, even if your attitude is "What's wrong with you: get a life." That's insulting, Bryan. It happens that many people are disturbed by unneccessary noise pollution. Just like you are with motorcycles. Hey, Bryan: what's wrong with you? I love the sound of loud-as-hell motorcycles. I'm going to part outside your house and revv my motorcycle: Vroom, Vroom, Bryan! Deal with it. Get a life!

"...would like to here..."

Richard

Reply to
Richard Steinfeld

I only use the audible alert to tell me the doors locked. I like it. I don't really care at all if you don't.

Reply to
nothermark

You're making assumptions and touting them as facts. You have no idea how often people press their remote buttons twice. Judging by your other responses, once it too much. Intolerance will get you nowhere.

Current Hyundais do not.

Really? I think I've hit it exactly once in the 15 months I've had the car and that was in my garage. That's hardly a problem.

No, it annoys you. Do you see anyone else here complaining?

If it gets to the point that I can't stand it, I'll do something about it, even if it means moving. I've already done something about idiot kids that drive by with their bass booming. The town I live in has noise abatement ordinances and the police will enforce them when complaints are filed. That's the way you deal with such things, not by complaining about them in a forum.

And that's significant?

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

My 2004 Sonata LX doesn't ever chirp even if I push the lock button twice.

Reply to
Bob

Maybe it's broken? Regardless, you should sell it to Richard! ;-)

Reply to
Brian Nystrom