Wheel and Radio Questions

Can someone tell me if a steel wheel (rim) from a 2006 Kia Spectra would be the same size and lug pattern as the wheel on my 2005 Elantra GT with alloy wheels - I'm looking for extra rims to mount snow tires
and saw these Kia wheels in the local paper.
Also - the radio on my 2002 Sonata seems to have a mind of it's own. It will come on by itself, I turn it off and it comes on again in a few minutes. I've learned to keep the volume down so it doesn't startle me when it comes on, but was wondering if this is something anyone else has run into, or has a fix for. BTW, it's the radio with a CD and a cassette player in it. Thanks for any suggestions on either question.
In article

I've had the exact same problem with the stereo in my wife's 2001 Elantra. I had the head unit replaced under warranty and it worked fine for a couple of years but now the new one is doing the same thing. No idea why. BTW, hers is the single DIN space model with CD, no cassette.
My solution has been the same as yours, unfortunately. I may eventually try an aftermarket stereo. Or just leave this one turned down.
pap
Generally, this is either caused by a cold solder joint somewhere in the head units circuitry, or simply a poor connection in the wiring harness. However, it's generally the former . . .
Don Allen wrote:

Here's another one for you. The Kenwood unit in my '04 Elantra is having problems with the volume control; it doesn't seem to know up from down. Turning the volume knob clockwise sometimes turns the volume up, sometimes down, sometimes both and sometimes it has no effect at all. Any ideas short of replacing it?
You can replace just the faceplate. Most likely, the contacts on the tuner wheel are dirty or worn. Price a faceplate from the dealer, or from a Kenwood distributor. I believe it's simply a regular Kenwood model with a Hyundai logo on it.
I had 3 stereos replaced on my 2001 XG under warranty for this very problem. That said of course the radio is doing it again. The solution however, at least on my model, is disgustingly simple. Always leave a CD in the player & it doesn't turn on by itself. Go figure. Hope this works for you, BCinBC

It's probably the same wheel. The wheel has the part number stamped in it. On the Elantra, it'll be something like 52910-2Dxxx. It'll also have the width in inches imprinted in this area immediately preceding the JJ stamp. If each has the same diameter (the last number of the tire size) and width, it's very likely the same. Spectra and Elantra are now sister cars, to the best of my knowledge. If you're comfortable with posting the VINs here, I can run them to check the part numbers.