Where's that noise coming from?

My 2003 Elantra is making a ticking sound which I hear when it's idling. My first thought was valve clearances, but the sound goes away when I depress
the clutch pedal. Any thoughts as to what it could be? TIA

If the noise goes away when you drive, it'd be my suspicion it's play in the clutch release bearing.
If the noise stays and varies with engine or vehicle speed, it's likely in the transmission.
"hyundaitech" wrote in message wrote:

Thanks, I appreciate the advice.