Which Hyundai Model would you buy based on the following personal criteria ?

1. A single woman whos 49 years old. 5'7" tall. 2. Maximum budget of $17,000 tops incl. tax. and out-the-door . 3. Fuel economy much more important than performance.
4. Trunk space unimportant. 5. 2 or 4 door , makes no difference. 6. Nearly all highway driving . 7. Doesnt need to be sporty looking ; 'a point A. to point B.' car . 8. Automatic trans. a must.
Thanks.
Elantra - look them over and bargain hard for a FANTASTIC price on a superb car.

First thought is the Elantra. Even an upper end model at that price.
Second thought is hook up with a Sugar Daddy and get a Genisis..

I dont think my sister would go the sugar daddy route for a Genesis ; but i too had thought of the Elantra or Tucson.
On Fri, 5 Feb 2010 08:06:24 -0800 (PST), " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

I have an'09 Accent HB that I really like. They really got this car right. A '10 will come in nicely under your price. In retrospect, I would probably get an Elantra. It is only $2K or so more. The slightly larger engine gives it better performance that the Accent, but mileage is pretty close. The Accent has some wind noise at highway spped that I suspect the Elantra doesn't have.

Thats pretty good if you can get an Elantra for $12 k. I knew someone who racked up 270,000 miles on his ELantra without any engine rework . And it didnt burn oil either. Original clutch too boot !
I'd look at the new Sonata with the 2.4L 35 mpg and no timing belt ! Do not buy anything with a timing belt !!!!!!
Striker

Then it has a timing chain ?

it has to be a chain if it doesn't have a belt, it certainly wont have a whip
Dave wrote:

No, it could have gears. :-)

Clive

..