Which Hyundai Model would you buy based on the following personal criteria ?

  1. A single woman whos 49 years old. 5'7" tall.
  2. Maximum budget of ,000 tops incl. tax. and out-the-door .
  3. Fuel economy much more important than performance.
  4. Trunk space unimportant.
  5. 2 or 4 door , makes no difference.
  6. Nearly all highway driving .
  7. Doesnt need to be sporty looking ; 'a point A. to point B.' car .
  8. Automatic trans. a must.

Thanks.

Reply to
ilbebauck

Elantra - look them over and bargain hard for a FANTASTIC price on a superb car.

Reply to
Rev. Tom Wenndt

First thought is the Elantra. Even an upper end model at that price.

Second thought is hook up with a Sugar Daddy and get a Genisis..

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I dont think my sister would go the sugar daddy route for a Genesis ; but i too had thought of the Elantra or Tucson.

Reply to
ilbebauck

I have an'09 Accent HB that I really like. They really got this car right. A '10 will come in nicely under your price. In retrospect, I would probably get an Elantra. It is only $2K or so more. The slightly larger engine gives it better performance that the Accent, but mileage is pretty close. The Accent has some wind noise at highway spped that I suspect the Elantra doesn't have.

Reply to
Raoul

I'd look at the new Sonata with the 2.4L 35 mpg and no timing belt ! Do not buy anything with a timing belt !!!!!!

Striker

Reply to
Striker

Then it has a timing chain ?

Reply to
ilbebauck

Thats pretty good if you can get an Elantra for $12 k. I knew someone who racked up 270,000 miles on his ELantra without any engine rework . And it didnt burn oil either. Original clutch too boot !

Reply to
ilbebauck

it has to be a chain if it doesn't have a belt, it certainly wont have a whip

Reply to
Dave

No, it could have gears. :-)

Reply to