Whirling sound

I have a 2003 hyundai elantrs, lately when i drive my car if i go over 2o mph it sounds like my rear wheels or rear axle is making a whirling sound - the faster i go the louder and faster it gets (almost like a
jet engine). it is winter and it has been snowing a lot - is this something to worry about or will it go away?
βœ–
ealdenb wrote:

I'd suggest you have a tire going bad, but I've been flamed in this group before for daring to suggest such a thing.
Add pictures here
βœ–
It’s hard to say. It could be your rear brakes rubbing against rust on the rotors. Or tire noise. Or worn hub bearings.
"ealdenb" wrote: > I have a 2003 hyundai elantrs, lately when i drive my car if i > go over 2o mph it sounds like my rear wheels or rear axle is > making a whirling sound - the faster i go the louder and > faster it gets (almost like a jet engine). it is winter and it > has been snowing a lot - is this something to worry about or > will it go away?
Add pictures here
βœ–