Whos got SUPER QUIET tires on their Santa Fe ? All the tires Ive had are way too noisy .

Ive got a 2002 SantaFe which came with the Longtrail Tires which were so annoying that i changed them out early on and went with all season tires . The replacement tires I went with were from Pep Boys and frankly , were only a bit better on reduced noise. Its nearly time to replace these...and Id really like the most quietest tires for this SUV ; I live in northern Florida and am not concerned about how it handles in snow , etc... My driving is almost highway ,exclusively . Quietness is the main criteria for me. I know this term is subjective...but who shares the same concern as me , and, what are the quietest tires youve found regardless of price ? And where do you get them ? Thanks.

Reply to
ilbebauck

Just got Bridgstone ER300's on my Trajet. The quietest tyres I have ever heard.

Expensive, but grippy wet and dry and very very quiet.

Reply to
TheDragon

The newer version of the Long Trails are *much* quieter. I couldn't use my bluetooth hands free car kit with the original long trails on my 2005 Santa Fe. Not an issue with the newer versions (the Long Trail T/A). I got the best combined price (tires+ mounting, valves, etc.) at Costco.

Jon

Reply to
Zeppo

Thanks much fellas. Ill look into both. And , Merry Christmas

Reply to
ilbebauck

You are worried about noise and you bought an SUV? That isn't a bad tire choice, that is just bad judgment! :-)

Try a purely street tread tire (not all-season). That will be your quietest choice, but you will more or less defeat your 4WD capability on loose surfaces.

Reply to
Voyager

I dont have 4 wheel drive . My SUV is used on the highway only and is essentially, a car ... not an off road mountain scaller It was good judgement selection for my usage. Im going to try the Bridgestones mentioned above.

Reply to
ilbebauck