Whos got the most miles on their SantaFe ???

I just turned 104,000 miles on my 2002 SantaFe. Doesnt burn a drop of oil, gets combined 23 MPG , body still very solid...no rattles , a/c works flawlessly , and im hoping to turn 200,000 miles with it. Still love the styling too.

Have you got more miles on your SantaFe and if so, how reliable has it been for you ?

Reply to
ilbebauck

I have 84,000 miles on my 2001 Elantra. Car starts without fail, body has a few parking lot dings, from the careless SUV drivers mainly. The clock stopped keeping accurate time within the first 3 months. The power door looks failed after 5 years. The safety belts are sloppy and don't retract very well. The seats are not as comfy as when new. Have had three windshields replaced, due to rock chips mainly.

Has been very good value for the money, they are nearly double the price from when I bought it for a new model.

Reply to
Irwell

What part of Santa Fe didn't you understand? :-)

Reply to
Voyager

Heh - I've got an '01 elantra as well. 160k miles, I've replaced the transmission input sensor, transmission output sensor, thermostat, radiator, and the clock. My power door locks failed, but that's because someone was stupid enough to put in the fuse listed on the fusebox when the original burned out (I read on the electrical specs that its supposed to have a 15amp fuse, not 5amp). The steering and suspension components are out of whack - steering is sloppy, and recently, after 10 minutes of driving, there's some noise when driving and a bad vibration when breaking. The alignment shop says the frame is bent and I should have the dealer look at that, though at 160k (70k mine), maybe it's not worth it...

Reply to
Matthew Fedder

KWW