Why even bother to go back to Dealership!

Bought a new 2010 Accent hatchback from dealer just afew months ago.

Car didn't have a radio, but had the "audio prep pkg" which consisted of 4 speakers & antenna pre-installed. Asked about a radio & they said the cheapest they could put in was $600 plus installation.

Went to a local radio installer called Thumpers. He put in a great Kenwood system & only charged me half of the installation charge because he didn't have to install speakers & antenna. Total bill $210.

Went to local mechanic for 1st oil change because dealer is 45 miles away. Said I needed to go to dealer to get alingment checked cause front tires were wearing on inside. Went 45 miles & dealer said not covered by warranty because I could have hit something as soon as I left when I bought the car. Offered to fix it in 10 days for $84.

Went back to local mechanic & he sent me to a tier shop 10 miles away. They got me in about 1 hour later & did a 4 wheel alingment for $65.

Needless to say I will not be going back to the dealer unless there isn't any other choice!

Reply to
ibbill42

"ibbill42" wrote

snip

Dealer service has its place but they usually get a good premium for services. They do, however, usually have the best expertise and Hyundai (or whatever brand) mechanics, a big plus at times.

My dealer is good for oil changes. They do the change, a safety check and was the car for $39.95. My local oil change guy is $36 but does not do the wash.

The dealer is always trying to sell added services that are not needed. Yearly fuel injector service, as one. The service writer usually gets a commission or bonus for added services. Dealers are not the only ones though. Some of the big chains like Firestone, or Sears Auto do that too. Not to mentions some small local shops can be excellent or incompetent thieving bastards. Auto service is a crap shoot. Find a good mechanic and stick with him.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

[...]

tww1491

Unless there's actual evidence on the car you've hit something or you're over 12,000 miles (outside the adjustment warranty), this is BS. How close is the next-closest dealer?

Reply to
hyundaitech

You're still upset about that temperature gauge? My suggestion is that you put the car on Craigslist or have those radio guys install one. That temperature gauge is really eating you up - it ain't worth it.

Reply to
dsi1

The nearest dealer is 48 miles away. I have only had the car about 7 months & it had less than 5,000 miles on it.

Reply to
ibbill42

You have me confused with another poster. I have never said anything about a temp gauge!

Reply to
ibbill42

Time for you to apologise for that remark, you have the posters confused.

Reply to
Irwell

Sorry about that - your writing styles seem to be similar. My mistake.

Sorry to hear about the dealer not checking out your alignment. This is poor service on their part. If you did damage your car by hitting something hard, the damage would be obvious. A simple check for this would have been the least they could have done.

I have a Hyundai dealer down the street that replaced my AC evaporator core and harmonic balancer free of charge under warranty. I didn't get my car from this dealer, in fact, I bought the car used from a private owner.

As it goes, the level of service varies wildly with the dealers but my guess is that Hyundai is interested in being known for their great warranties and would be interested in your experience with this particular dealer.

Reply to
dsi1

The dealer screwed you on the alignment. According to the Hyundai Warranty, adjustments are covered for the first 1 year / 12,000 miles. I suggest you contact Hyundai Customer Service directly (

). You probably won't get you $65 back, but maybe Hyundai will educate the dealer. Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

"C. E. White" wrote

Questionable. Normal wear and tear are covered. Accidents such as hitting pot holes are not. In either case, the dealer had a choice to be either a hero or a prick. IMO, he made a poor choice.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Indeed. And if such damage were present, it should be a simple matter to show it to the customer.

Reply to
hyundaitech