Why I will probably buy a Honda

I have bentrying to get the online Hyundai quote service to contact me on a basic Elantra hatchback preferrably 2005 but can do 2006. Vision Hyundai in Rochester NY is my closest dealer. They called me once and
told me they don't have any 2005's but htere are good deals on the 2006's so I asked them to email me a quote. When I said I was not interested in a sun roof it ended the question. Their online inventory shows many cars I would be interested in - manual transmission hatchback in several trim levels - but the folks won't bother getting back to me with either email or cell phone. I checked Honda's online quote and had a test drive lined up for tomorrow 15 minutes later. I'm planning on buying something within the next week. I just wish the local dealer wasn't such a jerk.
nothermark
PS any problems with the new Honda Civics I should know about?
enjoy your civic, i woundt mind one of the new ones.. only thing i dont like on the civics is the windchiled vipers, a pain when you get alotta snow. i see it all the time on the chev ventures etc with same wiper types.

those snakes on the windshield can be quite pesky indeed.

i wish car manufacturers would stop making power sunroofs standard. i thik theyre useless and a hindrence.. cannot buy a tiburon tuscani because of the sun roof.

Don't be afraid to shop around. Shop online and make your decision. Then go wherever and purchase the car. You only need to make the purchase trip once.
I bought a new 2006 Sonata with a sunroof, but they immediately took that price off of the invoice without me saying a word! I also looked at the new Civic's but the warrantee wasn't as good as the Hyundai and I got the Sonata LS for $2500 less. There were no deals at the time on the Civic because they created a false 'shortage' to keep the price up. Same thing VW did with their Diesels and Toyota did with the hybrids. I would have taken any of those three but I can't stand the tactics many manufacturers take.
Tom

nothermark,
Contact Mark at Vision Henrietta. (Rochester) Give hime my name
I went the on-line route and Mark contacted me about a quote.
Forward this portion of the thead as well.
Mark DeSantis Internet Sales Manager Vision Hyundai direct line 585-261-6777 http://www.Thatsmyvision.com Vision will move you.
HTH
--
Andrew D. Sisson

nothermark,
Contact Mark at Vision Henrietta. (Rochester) Give him my name
I went the on-line route and Mark contacted me about a quote.
Forward this portion of the thread as well.
Mark DeSantis Internet Sales Manager Vision Hyundai direct line 585-261-6777 http://www.Thatsmyvision.com Vision will move you.
HTH
--
Andrew D. Sisson

Finally got a chance to stop by Vision. Got a deal almost setup on what I wanted - basic 5 door Elantra GLS - 1500 before we started to deal. I'm still going to drive the Honda before I settle. There are features I like about both cars. I will send a letter to Vison when I am done as I am not at all happy about how I was treated by the online sales guy. It was not mark.