Wiring question on 2011 Elantra

Looking to put some white footwell led lighting wired so when doors open footwell lighting goes on with overheads. I'm not a electrician I have kit coming and as I understand it this can be
wired to a switched source (the 10a dome light/map light fuse??). Couple questions 1. If i wire it to the existing 10a fuse for the overheads will the addition blow the fuse? 2.How do you make the connection with fuse and wire. 3. What other fuse in the car would be considered a switched source if this is not the correct way to do the wiring. Please feel free to thro' in on my questions and understanding on this. Appreciate it..........Doc
On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 17:43:36 -0700 (PDT), Dr.Colon Oscopy wrote:

LEDs do not draw a lot of current, you could use AA batteries for this and avoid tinkering with the car's circuit.

That would be a PITA as you want them to come on with the interior light and go out with it also.

I doubt it would blow the fuse as the led lights take very little juice.
The connection can be made with a connector that clamps onto the wire and has a needle that pierces the insulation. No wire stripping or cutting needed. You local auto part store should have them.
If you cannot find the right wire, check hmaservice.com for a wiring diagram. It is free to use. You need Internet Explorer and you may have to download the viewer from Adobe (also free) to see the diagrams.
2 or 3 LEDs connected in series should approximate the 12+ volts in the car's system. Connecting to the dome light should be very easy. Your main problem will be how to route the wires.
On 6/14/2011 7:43
If you connect 3 LEDs in series, you should be OK with the 12+ volts in the car's system.
Leds usually have a voltage drop of around 2 volts depending on colour but they MUST have a current limiting resistor. At about 20mA current use a 330 ohm, 1/2 watt resistor in series with 3 leds . You can get them with a resistor built into led, may be easier.

After much calling around, as I mentioned I'm not an electrician, this is what I plan to do. I have a add-a-fuse ordered. Allows me to plug it into the void (for the fuse) in the fuse box for the dome light. This add-a-fuse has a space for a 10a fuse and a wire to which I am going to directly run my positive wire to for the lights. So it goes like this , I hope. Add-a-fuse goes into the 10 amp fuse box where the orig. 10a fuse was. 10a fuse goes into add-a-fuse and the positive wire for lights goes into the provided wire on the add-a- fuse. Of course ground goes to ground. Sound like a plan?..........Doc
On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 06:31:35 -0700 (PDT), Dr.Colon Oscopy wrote:

What's that burning rubber smell?

you've done it before then....

Is this the right way to go ??????????????