Wobble in car

I have a 2003 hyundai accent base model that has a noticable "wobble" at speeds above 10 km/h. At about 40 km/h it seems to be the worst, and then
fissles out at highway speeds. The wobble is really a noticable up-down movement of the entire car, and is hard to localize it to a corner or side. The car was previously in some sort of an accident, but I couldn't get any more details than that, so I can't say if it is a result of the accident.
I have had all the rims checked for a bend, and all the tire/rims balanced. I was thinking of mabe trying for an alignment, but am unsure if this is a possible fix.
Any suggestions as to possible fixes?
What should I have looked at first?
Bruce
Improper caster is often a cause of low-speed vibration. Typically, the cause is a bent control arm. You can check by steering straight ahead and comparing the gap between the tire and the back edge of the front fender opening from side to side.