Wobble in car

I have a 2003 hyundai accent base model that has a noticable "wobble" at speeds above 10 km/h. At about 40 km/h it seems to be the worst, and then fissles out at highway speeds. The wobble is really a noticable up-down movement of the entire car, and is hard to localize it to a corner or side. The car was previously in some sort of an accident, but I couldn't get any more details than that, so I can't say if it is a result of the accident.

I have had all the rims checked for a bend, and all the tire/rims balanced. I was thinking of mabe trying for an alignment, but am unsure if this is a possible fix.

Any suggestions as to possible fixes?

What should I have looked at first?

Bruce

Reply to
Brew

Improper caster is often a cause of low-speed vibration. Typically, the cause is a bent control arm. You can check by steering straight ahead and comparing the gap between the tire and the back edge of the front fender opening from side to side.

Reply to
hyundaitech