working on a 1995 Hyundia oil pump problem

Hi I'm working on a 1995 Hyundia Elantra with a 1.6l dohc and the people got it from say that after the engine got hot the oil pump would stop pumping oil I have the pump off the car now and
have look at both the drive gear and the driven gear they both look fine, and all the oil holes are open,so can you please give me some idea, I was thinking could the relief plunger in the oil filter brackit could this stop the oil pump from pumping after it get hot.
The plunger could be sticking in the bore when it gets hot, causing your oil pressure to be lost. I've never seen this, but I've heard of it happenning.