Would you buy another Hyundai?

Page 3 of 4

I'm upstate, north of Syracuse. Much different winter up here than in the southern tier. Much different.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

I know this is way OT, but I've read more than once that the Toyota tundra 1/2ton probably will also be their 3/4 ton and...

...that they're in talks with Caterpiller to supply a diesel to the truck in the next year or so. One magazine even commented how a Cummins, Duramax or a Navistar could easily fit in the 1/2 ton engine bay - even with an Allison or other HD tranny behind.
So, is Hyundai coming out with a diesel truck? :P
--
kai

My last three cars have been Hyundais, Excel, Accent and Elantra, all with manual transmissions.
The throttle/clutch arrangement in the Elantra is marginal. The throttle is too sensitive making it difficult to control engine speed when starting from a standstill.
If I buy another car it will probably be another Hyundai or maybe a Toyota. There is no way I will ever buy another American made car.
- Mooron

So I guess a Sonata is out of the question.
Mooron wrote:

Yes, my Sonata has the same problem. Probably the biggest problem with the car.
Matt
Mat's coming home in a Toyota!!!
Steve

Yes, we did last weekend. Bought a new 2007 Accent SE. The 2000 Accent was given to my wife's son with over 100K miles on it. Still runs like a champ. Love the '07 so far. Heck, it's even got power windows <smile>.

Most DEFINATELY Im waiting for the full size luxuary version to come here, I already have 3 in my family, my wife has a 2003 Santa Fe, I have a 2005 XG50L and my daughter has a 2007 Tucson... Also in the family is my Father-in laws 2003 Sonata and my Brother-in laws 2007 Accent.
']['unez

I have an 03 Elantra and an 06 Sonata LX. Like both cars. The Elantra for around town. The Sonata would be good on the highway if it didn't have those 17 inch HARD tires..Probably buy another Mercury Grand Marquis for the road. I got better mileage on my last Merc than I'm getting on this Sonara..and it rode a whale of a lot better!!
The Grand Marquis always was a great deal and a wonderful cruising car. I loved mine and you're right the mileage for a V8 was really good. Great car and they used to almost give them away, if you dealt with them.
Tom

You are right that the Grand M rides a WHALE of a lot better. Felt like it was a huge whale wallowing around the sea.
I rented a Grand Marquis back in December for four days. I drove out of Las Vegas toward Death Valley and the road curved a bit as it climbed over the mountain. It was real work to keep it between the yellow lines. I was wishing I was back in my Sonata so I could be going 10 mph faster and have better control. Nice car for when you take the grandparents out for dinner, but not what I want under me under serious driving conditions. To each his own.

All Mercury Grand Marquis' are not created equal. My wife's 2000 Grand Marquis came with a handling package that included air ride suspension, 373 Rear, dual exhausts, speed rated tires and traction assist. It is a BIG, fast, comfortable, reasonably handling car. At 107,000 miles it will soon need spark plugs. It has been extremely dependable and will probably be replaced with something similar when it gets to around 200,000, as was her last 1992 Crown Victoria. My pickup truck is a 1999 F250 4X4 V-10 Ford Super Duty which will most likely outlast me. It has close to 100,000 miles on it now, about 65,000 of those towing a 30' travel trailer. The only reason I bought a Hyundai was gas mileage (30 as opposed to 10 with the pickup) The Hyundai (2005 Accord) Has been very reliable so far, and I drive it 80 miles a day back and forth to work. The only complaint I have is one I have heard from almost half of the Hyundai owners I know, Poor dealerships. I wanted the cheapest car I could buy that had a big warrantee, Then the dealer tried to bury us with things that I did not want or need. Be careful what you sigh, make sure all the spaces are filled in and re-check all the paperwork when you get home. I have been buying new Fords since 1977 and NEVER had a Ford dealer try to pull what the Hyundai dealer did. The Hyundai rides like a buckboard, and it is more like wearing it than driving it, But it is very reliable and cheap to operate.
Jack Cassidy
Best car ever !!!!!!!! had a 1958 Nash Metropolitan that I put 230,000 miles on ...... Only problem I had in 230K was I had to replace the generator and of course the brakes and tires..... After all that it dies with the original engine and original exhaust ... Oh for thye good ole' days when They knew how to make REAL cars although I do have a 2005 XG350L that is 3 years old and just turned 15K and hasnt been back to the dealer for anything other than oil changes.
']['unez

also might consider an entourage

about "Would you buy another Hyundai?":
i> If not, what would be your choice?
Bought 5 to date. New Santa Fe and Vera Cruz both look good and drive well and my Grand Caravan is on her last legs. So yes I would buy another one.
Do I think that I will buy Hyundais forever? Maybe not. But as long as they keep offering the excellent mix of good looks, decent price, good quality and excellent warranty, one would be dumb not to buy / continue to by these products.
Now I am curious - what is behind your question?
Best Regards

It doesn't appear that Hyundai will be offering a wagon any time soon. We checked out all the other lower priced wagons and 5 doors ala Spectra5, Pontiac Vibe, Mazda3. IMO, they don't offer much over my '99 Elantra 5spd wagon. None of them are as roomy, and the Vibe I thought was a dog performance-wise. The Mazda gets up and goes, but is kinda pricey for what you get. Fuel economy is give or take a few mpg. Maybe a Focus wagon with a 5spd ( no automatics allowed in this family) but the way it stands right now, I'll save my pennies and go for a Subaru Outback. I think that they are one nice ride and they suit our lifestyle.
L.
Ive bought a total of 4 Hyundai's ; 2 Sonatas and 2 Santa Fe's . I would continue to buy Hyundais ; it is alot of value for the money, reliable, and very long warranty. Stylish autos too.

I already did. Now I am close to buying my third. I guess you can guess if I like them.