Would you buy another Hyundai?

Page 4 of 4
Yes, I have a 2006 sonata. It has 55,000 miles on it and has had no repairs. It is a great car

Our family owns several Sonatas and love them. We still have a 1989 GL with over 311K miles on it, and it runs great, all the power stuff works, etc. We have a '99 GLS with 100K and a 2001 GLS with 60K.
We won't be buying more anytime soon soon; that should be a plug-in or hybrid by the time we do, but we expect it to be Hynudai.
Harry

Reply to message from Harry Smith <6of9> (Tue, 10 Apr 2007 17:50:48) about "Re: Would you buy another Hyundai?":
HS> Our family owns several Sonatas and love them. We still have a 1989 GL HS> with over 311K miles on it, and it runs great, all the power stuff HS> works, etc.
Hey a 1989 Sonata GL eh? That was the car that started it all for me. Black 5-speed with A/C and no power anything other than steering. Great basic car.
Best Regards

replaced 99 Accent with 2006 Elantra hatchback. Wondering what I will replace the Elantra with as they drop the hatchback option adnd I don't need the SUV drop in performance. maybe a Tiburon as I can get a manual trans with a decent engine but the back seat is small. I'll just have to see if Hyundai gets smarter in the next couple of years. (35K+ miles / yr)
At this point, I'd have to say "it remains to be seen". I bought my first Hyundai, an '07 Elantra, about 2 months ago and had to have it towed in to the dealer last Monday as it appears the anti-theft kill switch wasn't disengaging. The dealer says this is a minor repair, it's covered under warranty (including the tow) and they'll have it fixed by Friday (waiting on a part). All this is fine as long as it's not an omen of things to come. Reliability is very critical IMHO, plus in all other ways the car seems pretty terrific.
A.
I would for reliability but the milage is lousy on my 2003 XG350 with a 3.5 litre V/6. My wife's Buick Regal with a 3800 GM V/6 will get 30 MPG on the Hgwy and the Hyundai will do good to get 22. In town the Hyundai is geared way to low and uses more gas than a 91 Ford Crown vic with a V/8 in it. Lousy milage.
My next one will be a Hybrid and one not geared so low that it pops your neck on take off like the Hyundai. The XG 350 runs about 2100 RPM and my wife's car runs about 1700 at the same speed on the highway. It (the Hyundai is a good car) but lousy milage.

It's been a pleasure owning my '02 Sonata GLS. I've only had 1 cosmetic problem with it ever (fixed under warranty) and it's been 100% reliable for me. I am looking forward to owning a light-duty truck as there have been rumors floating around. Otherwise I am looking at either a Santa Fe or Tucson. Would like a Hybrid in either model if possible as their fuel economy should be better. If I can't do either of those, the 4-cyl Sonata seems to be heads above my V6 in fuel economy now.
- Thee Chicago Wolf
I'd like a truck as well, not really practical. With fuel costs where they are now, I wish I had my old 02 Sonata with the 4 cyl.
As far as hybrids, they're still out of my price range. They would be more beneficial to me, I do 80% highway and the balance city driving...
Steve

As the technology progresses I think it will become cost effective. Think of it this way, pay a little more now, and see savings benefits sooner and for a longer term. I guess the Hyundai Hybrids will be coming out in '09 or '10 from what little I've read but I hope Hyundai can take advantage of the cutting edge tech that's out by then and do up some nice regular cards as well as a smaller truck or compact utility vehicle.
- Thee Chicago Wolf
Yes will buy another Sonata Elite here in oz getting rid of the 1 year old Camry SWonata apart from CD player not missed a beat in VERY harsh conditions Excellent car won out over the Honda camry and BMW when analyse all the factors Great bang for buck and pleasure to drive