XG300 sets code 1151, Help please Hyundaitech?

I've posted before about my 2001 XG cutting out to limp mode only twice in about a year. Both times I got it to run perfectly again for many months by disconnecting the battery & then restarting. Well today it finally did this again but this time I had an Code reader with me. So it sets the 1151 code which is a malfunction as in either an open or short for the APSII. Now here's where I get confused by the manual as this car has 2 accelerator sensors -one located at the end of the throttle cable & the other on the side(s?) of the throttle body by the air intake after the Bosch Mass air flow sensor housing. Since the manual seems to call these parts both a TPS or an APS & seems to switch the numbering about whimsically (ie. the TPS1 is the same part as the APSII ???), I'm not sure where I should be looking for basically a bad connection, if I understand the manual's intent. Thanks, Barry C in a very frosty British Columbia.

Reply to
B Crawford

The one by the strut tower is the accelerator position sensor. The one on the throttle body is the throttle position sensor.

You have excellent chances of repairing by replacing the accelerator position sensor. I've never seen this code (on the XG) in a situation where the problem was elsewhere.

-- Message posted using

information at

hyundaitech

Thank you so much for your time & effort to reply -VERY much appreciated. We live in such a remote part of the world that seriously just getting to a dealer to have the vehicle checked & then returning a week or so later after the part came in would cost way more than the service itself. We want to wish you & yours a very Happy Holiday Season & I'm sure that is a sentiment wide spread on this news group. Sincerely, BCinBC

Reply to
B Crawford