XG350 again

When I back out of garage on cool mornings, Phoenix AZ weather, and shift to drive there is a very noticeable delay in getting to drive with RPM nearing
5K. I told dealer about this when I brought car in for the previously noted check light condition. He said check light was due to purge valve but could shed no light on the drive delay after backing out. He did say that he programmed the car again. Has anyone had a similar problem about drive delay. please? Car has 4.5K miles Thank you, Seamus J.Wilson
Seamus J. Wilson wrote:

I'm not familiar with your model and have no idea why it is doing this, but why on earth are you getting anywhere near 5,000 RPM? If the vehicle isn't moving by 2,000 then something is obviously wrong and revving to 5 grand is just plain abusive.
Matt
Hi Seamus, I have a 2001 XG300 up here in BC, Canada. Yes I have experienced the same thing. Especially when you back out of a lane onto a highway & you want to get going NOW, not tomorrow. Mine has always been slow & I talked to the dealer that I trust & he said Hyundai is aware of it but to date there is no solution. Now that said , I drove my son's Acura (same year) & it's no better, maybe worse. With my car it's been consistent from day 1 & I've just come to live with it. I don't think it's a sign of impending failure. Also I too have had the service light come on for an emission control purge malfunction & am going to replace the little air filter that goes to the charcoal canister up behind the lt. rear wheel well. In the back boonies where we live this is one stupid place to put a filter! I've cleaned it twice but it gets totally encased in mud, so the charcoal filter can't be properly purged. Anyway, still pleased with my XG, beats the Hell out of the last Pontiac lemon I owned. Lost jobs at GM look really good on them, especially the way GM screws you if you get a real dud. So far, I've found Hyundai dealers to be very fair in Canada & overall the XG to be low maintenance & a delight to drive. BCinBC

Thank you for informative replies. Best, Seamus j.

As another poster alluded, it's possible it's normal. There's a TSB regarding diagnosing this type of condition and determining whether it's normal. I don't recall whether it applies to your model year, however.