XG350 replacement battery

Are there aftermarket batteries available at any auto parts stores Sam's wal-Mart, Sears, auto Zone, Pep Boys, etc. that have a battery for this vehicle? O haven't priced one at the local Hyundai dealer but I am sure
that with Hyundai's name on it from the local dealer that ir will be at least $150 or $200 for a $60 battery. Is there any reason (computer operation, terminal placement or sizes), that would keep me from taking the physical size to an auto parts store and getting a battery for it.
Thanks in advance.

Nothing at all.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Thanks Dan. Found out this morning that the battery is a 24F size group.
BTW Hyundai dealer locally wants $119 for the battery and a minimum of .5 hours labor at $90 dollars an hour to install it.(total $164) Warranty is 12 months or 12,000 miles at the "dealer" The word reminds me of a slick card shark from Vegas or a drug peddler. whichever comes first.
Wal-Mart's is an Energizer 3 yr direct replacement with 6 yr prorated for $60 dollars installed. Guess who is not going to sell me a battery?
> GUEST wrote: > Are there aftermarket batteries available at any auto parts stores Sam's > wal-Mart, Sears, auto Zone, Pep Boys, etc. that have a battery for this > vehicle? O haven't priced one at the local Hyundai dealer but I am sure > that with Hyundai's name on it from the local dealer that ir will be at
> least $150 or $200 for a $60 battery. Is there any reason (computer
> operation, terminal placement or sizes), that would keep me from taking the > physical size to an auto parts store and getting a battery for it. > > Thanks in advance.
I have a 2002 Sonata and experienced the same problem. I measured the battery and noted the polarity of the connections. Then went to Sam's, looked through the inventory and chose one that was pretty close. It works great and got out for around $65.00 and it is a heavy duty model. Batteries are the same if the polarity is correct and the ampre-hour ratings are the same or better. I keep emphasizing the polarity because my son has put two in backwards and that becomes costly.
about "XG350 replacement battery":
W> Are there aftermarket batteries available at any auto parts stores W> Sam's wal-Mart, Sears, auto Zone, Pep Boys, etc. that have a battery W> for this vehicle?
Not only will they have batteries for your car but they will likely install it for you for a nominal fee. There is nothing to say you cannot put a non- Hyundai battery in your car. Shop around and get the best deal.
Regards
: 7bit
yess, Got a series 24F for it. You can't however use the stupid plastic box the battery sets in though. The carrying (removal handle) for the new battery gets in the way. Thanks.