01 Rodeo Wiring for Trailer Hitch

Just put a DrawTight hitch on my 01 Rodeo. Anyone ever wired a connector to go to a standard one bulb brake/turn signal trailer lighting system from the
Rodeo's two bulb system? Looked under the Rodeo and couldn't easily see the wiring.........where does the taillight wiring run in the Rodeo.
Thanks, Wayne in Gilroy, Ca

Get out from under the car. Don't go to the Isuau dealer! Go to back to the DrawTight, U-Haul, or whereever. They have the adapter to from the Rodeo Harness to the trailer plug. Yes it is expensive but only half tje cost of the Isuzu item.
Next open up the Jack access pannel - left size by the 'tail gate' hinge. The trailer connecter is behind that panel. I did that same thing about 2 years ago, leaving a long cable on the trailer end of the wire - that way when I'm not towing I can keep it inside - dry with no road salts.
mike
--
Michael Vore, W3CCV M-ASA [Ka8]; WHIRL, ABC; CAW, CW, AAW
http://mike.vorefamily.net/ohmywoodness <- NEW Turned Wood items for sale
Mike Vore wrote:

Does that adapter include a relay and wiring to the battery? Having your trailer lights draw power directly off the tail light harness of the tow vehicle is generally not a good idea. I've seen too many overheated light switches fried.
My Isuzu came wired from the factory and did include proper wiring. I'm just wondering what you get with a U-Haul adapter.

Good Question, but I don't know the answer other than to say that the adaptor I purchased was made for the 'o1 Rodeo. So I'm hoping that the makers know what they were doing - and the Rodeo came with the connector ready for it.

--
Michael Vore, W3CCV M-ASA [Ka8]; WHIRL, ABC; CAW, CW, AAW
http://mike.vorefamily.net/ohmywoodness <- Hand Turned Wood items
wrote:

half
Look in the jack storage, rear drivers side. The connector is in there. You're best bet is to buy from WalMart and get the adapter. Mine cost $15. Below the jack (hidden) is a rubber plug which allows the wires to pass out of the jack well to the hitch area. Install the little plug from the outside thru the hole to the connector in the jack well. Amigos are the same. Good Luck