01 Trooper radio antenna

Can anyone tell me where the FM radio antenna is supposed to be on this model? Thanks, MMC.

Assuming it's the same as the 2002, the antennas are the things on the rear side windows that look like defroster lines. There is an on-board amplifier for those antennas, then the factory radio uses a diversity system to pick whichever antenna has the best reception at any given time. I learned a bit about that when I replaced the radio in our 02.
If you replace the radio, you'll need to make sure the line going to the antenna amp is powered off of the line out of the radio for the "power antenna" (or something switched) or you won't get very good reception. You also only end up using one of the 2 (the only one that fits into the back of a non-factory radio) antennas. I don't recall now which wire it is, but the harness didn't have it, so I had to splice into the factory wiring on that one wire. I got it from a local Crutchfield store (also online at www.crutchfield.com) and their tech support was able to tell me exactly which one.
Hope that helps...
Wesley

Thanks Wesley, that does help. I would never have guessed those were antennas. Unfortunately, the PO broke the connectors off the windows! Have to see if I can solder them back on. MMC