1989 isuzu trooper ?

I own two 89 trooper one is on last leg engine wise. would like to put a different engine in it. What type can I put in it Chevy engine. I can get a 89 Blazer that been
totaled cheap. can't think of the engine size any help would help.
thanks phil
phile wrote:

Why not rebuilding the existing one or get a similair one from the scrap? That is the easiest way. Erik-Jan.
--
http://www.fotograaf.com/trooper

On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 10:14:31 +0100, Erik-Jan Geniets

Because they're crappy engines? ~GJ~
Gemini Jackson wrote:

Don't think so but please explain.... Erik-Jan.
--
http://www.fotograaf.com/trooper

can't find them in scrap yards. I have not had any problems out of it. It has over 200,000 miles on it. thinking of rebuild it just trying to found a good person to do it.
Since nobody's answered your question, I will try. Nobody makes a "bolt-in" replacement engine swap kit for your Trooper, unfortunately. There was one company that sold them, but they've quit selling them, both here in the US and also in Australia. I know, I checked. If you're serious about swapping, my recommendation would be for a Chevy V6 or better yet, a 350 V8, but you'll need to change out the engine, transmission, and transfer case. The making of new mounts, swapping in the new engine's computer (you won't be able to use your Trooper computer), the driveline adapters, increased weight, cooling issues, and pump adapters make it almost not worth it. I'd recommend rebuilding what you have - and upgrading whatever is possible from CalMini and some of the other places that sell aftermarket Isuzu parts. You'll get it done a lot cheaper, faster, and better. And you won't have a "one-off" model that won't be sellable when you want to finally get something different. Hope this helps. Steve