1990 Bighorn - what to look out for?

Hi
I'm in the proces sof buying a 1990 2.8 diesel turbo Bighorn. Freshly imported from Japan, 83,000km's on the clock (seems genuine).
What do I need to do right now? (cam / timing belt?)
What should I look out for in the future?
What mods should I make, if any? (if I get the money... perhaps shocks and tyres in the near future)
Also any tips for installing stereos (headdeck, cd stacker, amp, 6x9 speakers etc.) much appreciated.
Cheers
Dan