1991 Stylus Blower Motor Problems

Last Saturday, my son turned on the A/C in the car and as the fan spun up in the blower, it quickly went dead. I checked the obvious fuses and all good. I tested the voltage at the blower motor and it showed 12V with the motor out. I bought and put in new motor. Nothing. The old motor runs on 12Volts at the battery terminals. The voltage at the leads now at the new motor shows only 3 volts. What has happened here? Thanks in advance. All fuses test good.

Reply to
PC Consultants

resistor pack died? Try various speed settings. There wasn't a puff of smoke and the stench of burning metal when it died?

Reply to
Kamus of Kadizhar