1992-1995 Trooper Recall Notice

Eric wrote

I have a regular gas V6 DOHC (not diesel), so I will take it in for a fix.

the fix is something you can do yourself in under 1 minute steps:

  1. open hood
  2. locate throttle cable and boot (hint: the topmost object on engine immediately in front of your face if you just hooked the hoodlatch)
  3. remove the rubberboot
  4. grease the cable with some lubricant (I used years ago cvjoint grease)
  5. fiddle with the cable and make the grease go inside the cable housing
  6. close hood
Reply to
Joe Isuzu