1992 Trooper Question

Hello All

I'm hoping to find a little info here.

I have a 1992 4WD 3.2L SOHC Trooper and have discovered a vacuum line has mysteriously come off. The only connection I can find is located on the left top of the engine as you're looking into the engine compartment. It's a small tube that protudes about 1 inch. It is located just above the oil and transmission dipsticks.

Does anyone know where the other end of this line connects to? We have looked all over the top looking for either another open connecting point or a loose line but have found nothing.

Many thanks in advance.

Charlie Smith snipped-for-privacy@escape.com

Reply to
Charlie Smith

I have a 1992 LS with the DOHC engine. It's been awhile since I looked, but I also have a little vacuum line coming out of the same area that is not connected to anything. I was told by a Trooper mechanic that it is not a functional line and so there is nothing wrong. He gave me more of an explanation but I cannot remember all of the details. So I would not worry about it too much.

Regards, Eric

Reply to
Eric