1993 rodeo 3.2

my 93 rodeo, approx 120k, has an extended crank to start issue that i can not figure out, have cleaned the injectors several times, and replaced the crank position sensor, neither have effected it one bit.
Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated...
-
You may be losing residual fuel pressure due to a faulty fuel pressure regulator. Put a fuel pressure gauge in the fuel line and test pressure with engine running and ensure the pressure is within a few percentage points of the factory spec(if not, pump may be at fault). If pressure is OK, shut off engine while watching the gauge. The pressure should drop a few pounds initially but should not drop more than 10-15 psi after 20-30 minutes and should not go to 0 psi. If it drops more than that, the pressure regulator may be leaking.
In the meantime try this-when first starting, turn ignition to 'start' and quickly release the key(not to 'off'). In a couple of seconds, turn ignition off and repeat. If there is a pressure loss, this will allow the fuel pump to 're-prime' the fuel system. The fuel pump only runs for a second or two at the start of cranking to 'charge up' the pressure and the pump doesn't run again until after the engine starts. This may help you start quicker and without long cranking until repairs are made.
Let us know if this helps
Joe D
> my 93 rodeo, approx 120k, has an extended crank to start issue that i > can not figure out, have cleaned the injectors several times, and > replaced the crank position sensor, neither have effected it one bit. > Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated... > > -

that
and
Thank you for taking the time to reply, and try to help me figure this thing out. I have always heard that great minds travel in the same circles...I have tried cycling the fuel pump a few times before trying to start, and it does not seem to make any difference, the fuel pressure is just below factory spec, new aftermarket in the tank fuel pump approx 1 year ago. Do you have any other thoughts on this? Thanks very much in advance...
-

one
Usenet
Please allow me to throw in one more bit of information, if the engine has been run in the last 10-15 minutes it starts right up, only after it sits for a while, does this extended crank time rear its ugly little head...the crank time is approx 10-15 seconds of starter engaged, seems like forever when you are trying to start it, and it never fails to start...
-