1994 3.1TD Timing belt replacement

I have a 1994 3.1 litre Turbo diesel trooper that has reached the 120k miles mark and needs a timing belt change. So I phoned up a couple garages and most quoted Euro 300 or so. But one said that he would recommend changing
not only the belt but also the belt guides and belt tensioners or else they would not give any guarantee with the work. But the extra tensioner and guide replacement costs another 300 euros on top-total 600!
Has anybody ever bothered to replace the guide and tensioner or is it even worthwhile for the price.
Thanks in advance for your help/advice

120k miles

and
changing
else they

and
it even

It sounds as if they are having a laugh at your expense. Most of the cost of the job is labour to dismantle and reassemble. To increase the total cost by 300Euro seems excessive, especially as the initial cost of 600 sounds about near double what I paid two years ago.
Huw

miles
they
do it yourself...
Haynes manual or visit www.clubisuzu.wellington.net.nz and look at the u-fix-it page, the 2.8 and 3.1 share most major block parts and the timing belt change is essentially similiar, just check wih the dealer that the tension is the same as with the 2.8
rhys
I changed my timing belt and the water pump at the same time total cost for parts was around $ 120.00 the Belt was only $ 40.00 American. Did it myself using the online guide at www.autozone.com just signed up for the free access and printed the info I needed for my vehicle. Aligned the arrows on the belt with the arrow on the engine the procedure is outlined in the information @ AutoZone.
Hope this helps. I was able to borrow the tools needed from the autoparts store with a small deposit to ensure I returned the tool. Puller for main damper pulley.
Good Luck you can save cash if you do it yourself just have a vehicle you can use while you are working on your Isuzu. Should be able to do it over the weekend taking your time to do it right.
Gary Ahwatukee, Arizona

changing
even
Jim wrote

there is only 1 belt tensioner, also known as "pusher", cost for the part is $75 and the belt $70 standard dealer cost (Isuzu) is $360 which includes cost for belt and labor, if the pusher also needs replacement, there is no cost for labor, only the part
it takes only a few seconds to replace the pusher
Thaks for the feedback lads!

miles
changing