1994 Isuzu Pickup Rr. ABS Light

Is the Rear ABS light supposed to come on and off, like the rest of lights when I start the engine? The ABS on my Isuzu might not be working since I did not feel the viberation on the brake pedal when I made a sudden stop in the slippery road the other day.

Also I have trouble locating the fuse for the ABS if there is one.

Reply to
Alex Zeng

The Rear Wheel ABS system on your vehicle performs a 4 second bulb check when ignition voltage is applied to the system. If the bulb is not turning on, either the bulb is burned out or the ABS unit is disconnected. The warning lamp is self-biased so that if the module is connected to the harness, but not operational, the lamp will turn on and stay on. The ABS system fuse is in the high power fuse/relay box in the engine compartment. I'm not sure of the exact location for your particular truck. However, from the symptoms you're describing I would tend to think it is not the fuse. Also note that this ABS system produces very little vibration when it is active compared to a four wheel system since it cannot pump brake fluid back into the master cylinder.

Reply to
Gilly

I just bought one of these trucks and the rear ABS light is on and the brake light stays on after to remove the parking brake, although it gets dimmer? What do I need to check? Are my ABS bad?

Reply to
loydt

Loydt ... mine does the same thing on a 96 Rodeo, although they're NOT on 100% of the time. I believe it has something to do with heat (as in air temperature) as it does it much more ofen in the summertime than in the wintertime. To my VERY limited knowledge, there's a "black box" of some sort or other mounted underneath the front right seat which is the "brains" for the ABS system, and I'm guessing the source of the problem is in that black box, but I haven't investigated any further than that.

Good luck looking into it, and if you *do* find something, I for one would appreciate hearing from you as to what you came up with.

Phil Z

Reply to
Phil